We love dogs in Woodend. We don’t know the official population of dogs but its a lot.
Dogs are permitted on Woodend Beach with a few key rules as described below:
- You must keep your dog under control at all times.
- If your dog gets excited by horses and is not able to be effectively voice controlled you must place the dog on a lead when a horse is in the same area.
- You must remove any dog droppings immediately and always carry a bag or container for these.
- Do show consideration to other people, particularly children, who may not be comfortable with dogs.
- Do not walk your dog through a flagged surf life saving area or 50 meters either side of the flags from mid December to mid January.
Please see the link below for more information.